Friday, March 29, 2013

**Feature & Follow #19**


Welcome to the Blog Hop! And check out the amazing new button! :)

Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by the talented ladies behind AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee's View. The intent of this blog hop is to get out there and meet other bloggers and gain new followers yourself. What sets this blog hop apart is the Feature. Each week, two blogs are featured, one at AlisonCanRead and one at Parajunkee's View. So make sure to hop over to those blogs to check out this week's Features.

This week's Features are:
Book Sniffers Anonymous
Insightful Minds Reviews


Question of the week: What is the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?

Well, I'm not sure I can name just one...I've had some pretty intense reactions to some very emotional scenes...but the two that immediately came to mind were:

1) The last scene of Range by J.A. Huss...I can't say what happens without being spoiler-y but it was INTENSE and made me pretty emotional. I will say this, I didn't see it coming. Well, partially yes, but the part that made me cry? No!

2) The last scene of If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I was boohoo-ing when I finished this book! Again, I can't give details without being spoiler-y, but it's a great book!

**Speaking of J.A. Huss, check out my reviews of her I Am Just Junco series (Clutch, Fledge, Flight, Range, and The Magpie Bridge) and you can also enter a giveaway to win one of her books! She's a fellow FF blog hopper - New Adult Addiction and Clean Teen Reads.**




17 comments:

  1. Not familiar with those! I don't usually get teary with my books, but I do get the other emotions; anger, happiness, joy...others too that may not be an "emotion", like laughter! There's a wide variety of them!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you haven't gotten teary while reading Cat & Bones?!? ;) Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. If I Stay is still on my TBR list, but I've heard it's a great read! Hope you have a good Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've got to read it, Jessica. You won't regret it. Just have tissue handy! :)

      Delete
  3. haven't read those yet!

    old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic, Marissa! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  4. I have a total insensitive heart. I read If I Stayed and I didn't even like it :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?!? Maybe it was just your mood at the time you read it?? LOL! You're so funny! Like I always say, not every book works for every body. Have you read North of Beautiful by Justina Chen-Headley? I think it's the bomb!

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of those book yet but thanks for sharing :) Will have to look into them ;)

    Here's my FF

    Enjoy your weekend!:)

    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    I also have a Giveaway going on: $20 Amazon/Barnes & Nobles gift card and 6 Exclusive mugs :) Come check it out and participate to win :) You can also request a FREE E-Book :)here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you MUST read the I Am Just Junco series - it is awesome-tastic! Gayle Forman is fabulous as well.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I really love being surprised while reading! I think because we read so much it is very hard to do so it takes us by storm and can definitely make us emotional! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love surprises too, Jaclyn. And I agree that reading as much as we do makes it hard on authors...but oh when they accomplish it! Have you read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer? I closed that book in awe - I never saw it coming! ;) Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  7. Everyone really likes Gayle Forman. I think I'm going to need to check out her books at some point!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's amazing. You'll have to read her sooner than later! ;) Thanks for hopping by. Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  8. This is my first time hearing of JA Huss but Gayle Foreman I've heard scattered reviews about! thanks for sharing! new follower :)

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower.
    Cool blog. Feel free to check out mine.
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read either J.A. Huss or Gayle Forman but they're both authors that are on my radar & that I want to check out :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??