Thursday, March 14, 2013

**Review ~ The Indigo Spell ~ Richelle Mead**

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)Title: The Indigo Spell
Series: Bloodlines #3
Author: Richelle Mead

Synopsis from GoodReads:
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.


************************************
*sigh* Oh my! This series just keeps getting better! I'll admit that Bloodlines left me wanting. The Golden Lily really got things going for me. The Indigo Spell - it has more intrigue, more magic, more romance...more Adrian!! :) Wow!

I am enthralled with the growth Sydney makes in this book. She's really coming into her own here both in questioning her loyalty to the Alchemists, her improvement in her magical abilities, her self-image, and her realization regarding Adrian. She copes with so much in this book on all fronts, and it's incredible to watch!

Adrian, oh Adrian... He also shows a lot of maturity and emotional growth in this book. He maintains his vow of love for Sydney, even if she can't return it (for now) and is steady in his support of her in any capacity she needs. He is her "partner in crime", her sounding board, her "match".

There is a lot of danger and intrigue in this installment. Richelle can always be counted on for that. I also adore her inclusion of mythology and religion in to her plots. AND y'all must know by now that I adore strong supporting characters...Richelle definitely delivers on that front. Jill is becoming more and more complex. Her advice session with Sydney - awesome-sauce! I've always been a fan of Eddie and the poor guy just can't seem to catch a break romantically. Marcus Finch...well, he didn't provide quite the impact I was expecting. Jill's words "they talk, you do..." to Sydney regarding Marcus and his Merry Men comes to mind. However, knowing Richelle, we probably haven't seen that last of Marcus! And Ms. Terwilliger...I've really come to love her character. She's never given up on Sydney embracing magic and it was pivotal in this book.

As you can tell, I'm quite delighted with The Indigo Spell. Richelle continues to create interesting, entertaining, and swoon-worthy reading! I anxiously await the next in this series, The Fiery Heart!



**4 1/2 Worms**

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree that Indigo Spell is the best in the series. I loved Adrian soooo much. Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally loved the character growth in The Indigo Spell as well! And you are right, there was so much more of everything in this installment! Adrian totally made me swoon, too, which was almost a little unexpected; because I'm such a huge Dimitri fan :)

    I can't wait to see where this story will go next, with even more intrigues, and a lot more trouble for Sydney, I'm sure. Great review, Brandee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweets! I'm not reading your review just yet - I just wanted to stop by to see what you rated it. I'm hoping to read this one in the next couple of weeks. I'm glad you really enjoyed it :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??