Friday, November 20, 2015

Brandee's Bookish Babble #7 ~ Why I'm Perpetually Behind


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) So this is my new discussion feature.


***

Well, that's a leading title, isn't it? Yes, I am perpetually behind...in many things. But in this case, I'm speaking of book series. While trying to determine each and every series I'm in need of catching up on, I had to ask myself why I'd gotten so far behind. There are a several reasons, really. And I thought it'd be fun to explore them and see if y'all get behind in series for the same reasons.


  1. Story got boring. Yep. I got bored. This has happened with a number of YA series - House of Night and Evermore to name a few. I finally did finish Evermore (and my daughter wouldn't allow me to just read the final book to find out how it all ended) and I have a friend who swears HoN gets better (I stopped at 10) I honestly got to the point where I wondered "When is this going to end?" And that does not bode well for a series' chances in my book.
  2. Long lag time between installments. There are several series that I fell behind on because I had to wait a year or more for the next book. It's not that I won't catch up - I will - but I began reading other things that were available and well, those I was waiting on keep falling lower and lower in the queue.
  3. Sheer number of books. <-- Funny, right? Seriously though, the epic number of books I have is prohibiting my catching up. As I've mentioned, I'm a one-click addict and I have quite the digital and physical libraries. Because of all the choices, sometimes my series fall way down the list in priority.
  4. Time is elusive. This relates to #3, of course, but finding time to read in a schedule filled with family, blogging and writing 'obligations' (I use that word loosely since I do the reading, blogging, and writing for fun) is hard.
These are the top reasons why I'm in desperate need of a series catch up. There are authors who, for whatever reason, I stay caught up with. I don't know if this is because they rank higher in priority or if it's because I have certain friends who threaten to unfriend me for not keeping up, OR if the series is more enjoyable. But I'm very happy to have scheduled time for series catch up. Hopefully I can make a dent in my TBR pile. ;)



What about y'all? Are you behind in some series? Is it for the same reasons I'm behind?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??