Thursday, January 21, 2016

That's What HE Said #49 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #29



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley

I recently re-read Indy & Lee's story ~ and fell for them all over again!


***

"I'm not gettin' off, not goin' away, not playin' anymore games or wastin' anymore fuckin' time. I don't believe in fate or destiny or any of that bullshit. What I know is that, as far as I can tell, there isn't another woman I've met who fits my life. Who doesn't care if I get home late after she's made a special dinner. Who doesn't have a hemorrhage when I talk about one of my men gettin' shot, goin' off about how she feels about my work. You got up and made everyone coffee, for fuck's sake. You're a woman who tells me to be careful when I tell her I'm out hunting humans instead of bitchin' and wantin' to process how my career choice makes her feel. If an employee walked into their kitchen with a gun and shot at their neighbor, most people would lose their fucking minds. You spent the morning makin' brownies and the afternoon sleepin' in the sun. You live hard, play hard and don't seem to be scared of anything, but manage to keep a softness about you that's almost unreal. You wanted me to tell you why I'm sure about you, that's why I'm sure.


*~*~*~*~*~*



"Everyone makes coffee, twerp. I make coffee. Jeez-us. Why the big deal about coffee?" Tex declared and lumbered to the espresso machine as if the air wasn't think enough with tension. He pushed himself behind the counter. "What'll it be? I'll make everybody coffee."
...
"Indy, are you gonna try my coffee or what?" Tex called.
I disengaged from Lee and walked on shaky legs to the counter. I took the cup from Tex and before I even took a drink, I stopped and lifted my eyes to look at the big, crazy man.
I could smell it and it smelled good.
I tasted it.
Divine.
"Tex," I whispered, "this is the nectar of the gods."
"I told you anyone could make coffee," Tex replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??