Friday, January 1, 2016

#TravelingtoTerminus Review ~ Twist ~ Dannika Dark



Twist (Mageri, #2)Twist by Dannika Dark
Mageri #2
Release Date: February 26, 2012
Genre: Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased paperback
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
Months after moving to the mysterious city of Cognito, Silver is developing her gifts as a Marge and learning how to live under new laws. She is forced to give up her old life and live in secret among the humans. There is finally hope of leading an ordinary life...

Until Logan Cross walks into it.

Their chance meeting leads her close to discovering the identity of the nameless Mage who once stole her light and discovered the unique power she possesses. That knowledge poses an unimaginable threat to Silver, fueling the search to find out who he is before he finds her.

Lives are at stake. Truths are revealed. And an unexpected passion ignites.

"An outspoken woman makes the world a livable place. You have fire in you, and I would never put that out."




Oh, Ms. Dark! How I love your stories! Twist is such an amazing blend of action, suspense, an introduction to different Breed, and *sigh* romance, that I had to force myself to put the book down and do things that needed doing. ;)


Silver's life has settled down a bit now that the threat Samil posed has been neutralized. But Justus and Simon are still on the trail of 'the benefactor', and when Silver decides to help, things don't stay calm for long. Then there is the appearance of Logan Cross and he really heats things up.

Ms. Dark did a phenomenal job at weaving in new characters, new plot threads, and a whole lot of action into the overarching plot. It was exciting learning more about Breed and the Breed world - their customs and laws. And I like that Ms. Dark seems to be making a social statement about acceptance and tolerance - something I'm eager to see developed further as the series progresses.

Ms. Dark also deftly creates rich and complex characters. Silver is a kickass heroine whom I adore. She's flawed but has a heart of gold and a sassy mouth. Justus is the perfect mentor for Silver and I know he'd do anything for her. I do hope we get more insight into his aversion to any kindness shown to him from those he cares for. Simon keeps me in stitches but I know there's deeper layers to him as well and although he's not a central character, I hope to dig a little deeper with him as well. Adam will always hold a special place in my heart for having taken dare of Silver when she was most vulnerable. He irritated me at times but I understood the intentions behind his actions...usually. I'm grateful that he's still in Silver's life. And that brings me to Logan... Although the circumstances of their meeting were dubious, I agree with Silver in that he's a man of worth. I'd never have guessed I was such a sucker for chivalry but Logan proved just that. He stood by, behind, and in front of Silver when warranted, and he won me over. 

The action in Twist put Silver and company closer to capturing 'the benefactor' but there were setbacks. It all involved some white-knuckling and I was happy that everyone survived. I'm eager to see 'the benefactor' get his due but appreciated Justus' advice to Silver not to let vengeance rule your life. That's a good lesson.

I'm anxious to continue with Silver as she learns more life lessons in her new world as a Mage. I feel a binge coming on...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??