Saturday, September 7, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #10**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************


This week, Jaclyn has selected Spitfire as the theme. 
And my pick is:

Dani O'Malley
from Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series and
Dani O'Malley Series


If y'all have read KMM's Fever series or its spinoff, the Dani O'Malley series, I don't have to say anything else. :)

If y'all haven't read KMM's Fever series or Iced, the first in Dani's spinoff series, SNAP TO IT!!

“Procrastinating is number one of my Stupid List. You still end up exactly where you didn't want to be, doing exactly what you didn't want to do, with the only difference being you lost all that time in between, during which you could have been doing something fun. Even worse, you probably stayed in a stressed-out, scrappy mood the whole time you were avoiding it.”  --Dani, Iced
“Dude, the bush is ready. Why you still beating around it?” “I’ve lived a long time, kid, and I’ve never heard anyone mutilate the English language quite like you.”  --Dani & Ryodan, Iced
“Life's a choice: you can live in black and white, or you can live in colour. I'll take every shade of the rainbow and the gazillion in between!”  --Dani, Iced
“I figure the folks that are the most interesting get to go to heaven. I mean, if I was God, that’s who I’d want there with me ... I’d rather be a superhero in hell than an angel in heaven. What the feck would I do all day if I wasn’t kicking demon ass?”  --Dani, Iced

4 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Dani. I have some of the Fever books, and hope to eventually read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this series, but it seems to be kinda polarizing with readers...we love it or hate it. I hope you love it if you ever get to reading it.

      Delete
  2. Can you believe that you, Jaclyn and I all chose Dani for today's sidekick? That is a pretty good endorsement right there.

    Love the quotes you chose, I didn't choose any from Iced because I spent so much time searching for Dani quotes in the Fever series. But these truly show how awesome Dani is.

    I hope you're having a great weekend! Mine has been awesome so far :) *hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Absolutely hilarious. I love that we all think she fits this topic so well :D I completely agree obviously. She's the best spitfire I've seen in a long time. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??