Saturday, September 14, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase #11 ~ Blogger's Choice**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************


This week, Jaclyn is allowing Blogger's Choice as the theme, in honor of her birthday! :) Happy Birthday, Jaclyn!

My choice:
Tier
from J.A. Huss' I Am Just Junco Series 

450_no_sale_Junco_series_5_books

I took a chance earlier this year - stepped out of my reading comfort zone - and read a book entitled Clutch, by an author I'd never read. In Clutch, J.A. Huss introduced me to an interesting world inhabited by even more interesting characters. And my love affair with a series that defies description began. :)

Tier, well he's kinda hard to describe. He's looked after Junco, he's protected her, saved her. And he loves her. Tier has some definite ideas about how he wants things to work with Junco. Ideas that have Junco rolling her eyes or cursing like a sailor most of the time. ;) But no matter what comes their way, Tier's always there for her. 

"Do I make ya nervous, Junco?" - Tier, Clutch

"Breathe out, Junco. All the best parts are in the exhale." - Tier, Clutch

"You've got more survival instinct in ya than anyone I've ever met. and I thought to myself, just think how great she'd be if someone just loved her and didn't play with her head. How f#cking much she'd have to offer the world. Us. If she could just make one or two decisions based on the truth instead of the lies. She's worthy. That's what I thought. She's worthy - it's just that no one else sees her potential." - Tier, Clutch

"I'm so sorry, Tier. This whole thing is my fault."
"It's not, Junco. It's not. I did this. But I did give ya all those instructions in the virtual and ya didn't even follow one!" - Junco & Tier, Fledge

"That's not what I'm telling ya, darlin'. I'm telling ya to believe me, not deal with it. Believe me. It'll be fine." - Tier, Flight

"I have no Junco, I have no future that I can see. I have no hope." - Tier, The Magpie Bridge

"And I would sell my soul, I would give up my promised eternal salvation, if I could just get one more chance to make it right for them." - Tier, The Magpie Bridge



**If y'all haven't read this fan-freakin-tastic series yet, 
you can pick up Clutch for only 99 cents!!**




12 comments:

  1. He looks like a very interesting character. Definitely going to look this series up!

    Bayan @ The Booklicker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Bayan, he IS! I was shocked and deliriously happy to have enjoyed this series so much!

      Delete
  2. This is another series I haven't started yet, even if I own the first book. He seems pretty good, thanks for sharing, Brandee.

    Lexxie's Sidekick of Choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unlike anything you've read - well, anything I'd ever read but I was delighted that I took a chance on it! Thanks, Lexxie. Happy Saturday! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Ha! I love how much you love this series. Tier sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously do love it, Andrea! LOL Actually, I love everything J.A. Huss writes but this was my intro to her writing. Have a great weekend, Andrea!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for thinking of Tier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love him and Huss so much :D So glad that you featured him. I haven't read further than the first two in the series so I'm dying to know where his story leads. He's a great character that I really want to know more about. He doesn't take crap from anyone, which is a lot like Junco. Great choice, Brandee! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Tier and Junco make quite a pair. ;) I'm so glad that I could introduce you to a series you like, Jaclyn! LOL And I'm glad I was able to showcase Tier's awesomeness today.

      Hope your birthday weekend has been fantastic!! My weekend has been wet but good.

      Delete
  6. Those are great quotes. You guys are killing me. Last month I was all dopey dreamy about my TBR list exploding with these sidekick challenges. Now with all my self-imposed deadlines my head is spinning! Breathe. Just breathe. I look forward to reading this. Tier sounds awesome. I agree with Andrea. I love how much you love this series. I hope you're managing to keep your feet and carpet dry over there. Great sidekick post, Brandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn. I highly recommend this series, obviously. ;) I do understand deadlines though - especially self-imposed ones - so you're right to just breathe. And when you get to reading this series, don't hyperventilate! LOL

      We are super-saturated here but not affected by flooding the way other areas in Colorado are. Our downtown area flooded and the roads were closed so I had the kiddos home on Friday as I coudn't get them to school. But we're safe and dry inside. I hope your dad is okay. He's not affected, right?

      I hope you've had a splendid weekend, Robyn! Had any smores?!? I really gotta send you my smore casserole recipe. :)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??