Monday, June 1, 2015

Challenges Update ~ May ~ ##2015HW, #ShelfLove, Mythology Reading Challenge, LGBT Reading Challenge, 2015 New Release Reading Challenge

Omigoodness! Where have the first 5 months of 2015 gone? Considering I lost a week of reading because I was at RT and I was busy with end-of-year things with my kids (my middle schoolers are now officially *freshman*) I'm pretty pleased with my progress for May. Here's my update:



2015HWLogo


This challenge is hosted by Berls @Fantasy is More Fun and Michelle @Because Reading.


This month, I was supposed to read Opal and Raphael. I have finished Opal but I'm going to have to use a *pass* for Raphael. I'm about halfway done with it but I'm not going to finish in time. *frowns* I've done so well with this challenge and I will have Raphael finished tomorrow...alas, there just weren't enough hours in my days to get it done. (my older daughter's birthday is today - 31st - so it's been a busy day of celebrating...thus no reading) I guess that means I'll get an *extra credit* next month though!


Bully (Fall Away, #1)Endure (Need, #4)Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)Fight with Me (With Me in Seattle, #2) Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)Off the Record (Record, #1)Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)Opal (Lux, #3)Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)




Show Your Shelves Some Love: No Book Buying Challenge


This challenge is hosted by Chapter Break and Second Run Reviews.

I've shown my shelves some love. I've hit my physical, digital, and audio shelves! I've read 35 books so far! You can click here to check out the books and their reviews on Goodreads or click on the book images below. 


Bully (Fall Away, #1)Endure (Need, #4)Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)Fight with Me (With Me in Seattle, #2)Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates, #3)Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Obliterate (Havoc, #2)Three, Two, One (321)Spend the Night I (The Hotel Collection, #1)Dance For Me (Fenbrook Academy, #1)Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5)Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1)Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)Soul Avenged (Sons of Wrath, #1)Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates, #2)Lord Wastrel (The Curse of True Love #2)A Gentleman's Promise (Scandalous Series, #1)Strange Magic: Part Two (Magic, #2)Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)Blue Shoes, Vol. 1 (Blue Shoes, #1)Blue Shoes, Vol. 2 (Blue Shoes, #2)Blue Shoes, Vol. 3 (Blue Shoes, #3)Secrets (Secrets, #1)Bite Me (Bitten, #1)RushAlpha and Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)Boy Toy Chronicles (Boy Toy Chronicles, #1)Unbelonging (Unbelonging, #1)The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3)Off the Record (Record, #1)Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)Opal (Lux, #3)Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)


Did I really say I hoped to read more books than I added to my shelves in May?!? *hahahaha* What was I thinking? I went to RT and brought back 100X more books than I read in May. Oops! I did purchase 5 books at RT (yep, the rest were FREE) but I'd made an allowance for myself when I started this challenge...no books from a book convention count against me. So, I came out okay. ;)

As part of this challenge, I budgeted $10/month for books. In May, I spent $3.00. But I *ahem* found 2 B&N gift cards that I had finished off, so none of the books I purchased count against me. *ha* So far this year, I've *still* only spent ~$10. I've now *earned* myself 5 books and $4.00 towards books. I still have my $50 GC from my birthday and I won a $10 GC at RT! So I'm doing pretty good.

So for May, I earned:


4 Books = $2.00 Earned

As I've mentioned, I tweaked my *earning* methods to be $0.50 for every book I remove from my Already Owned shelf. My exercising (5 days a week) and writing goals (5000 words a week) remain the same.





LGBTChallenge2015

This challenge is hosted by Niji Feels.

I didn't read any books that qualified for this challenge in April, but I plan to squeeze in a least ONE in May. :)



Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1) Rush





This challenge is being hosted by Lili Lost in a Book.

I challenged myself achieve God level or 6-10 books. So far, I've read:


Endure (Need, #4)Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)Strange Magic: Part Two (Magic, #2)






New Release Challenge (un)Conventional Bookviews


Lexxie @Unconventional Book Views and Stormi @Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! are co-hosting this year-long challenge to read books being released in 2015. Originally, I challenged myself to reach New Release Newbie status - or 1-15 books. Since I met that goal, I decided to aim higher. ;) I set a new goal of New Release Pro - or 16-30 books. And I've now met that goal as well! Goodness! I really didn't think I'd read that many new releases this year. So, keeping in mind we're ~6 months into the year, I've set a new goal of New Release Enthusiast - or 45+ books. That's right - I'm setting my sights on the highest goal!



Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)Strange Magic: Part Two (Magic, #2)Fading Out (Living Heartwood, #3)Acting Brave (Fenbrook Academy #3)All Fired Up (Black Halo, #2)Spend the Night I (The Hotel Collection, #1)Past HeavenThree, Two, One (321)Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates #4)Incite (Ignite, #2)Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)Spend the Night II (The Hotel Collection, #2)Spend the Night III (The Hotel Collection, #3)For Authentication PurposesHope Is Lost (Ocean Beach, #2)Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates, #6)Coda (Songs of Submission, #9)Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates, #7)Éire's Devil King (Éire's Viking,#3)This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)Boy Toy Chronicles (Boy Toy Chronicles, #1)Mend (Havoc, #3)Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1)Meet Me in the DarkDear Juliet (Forever Family, #3)Everything (Songbird, #3)Getting Lucky Number SevenWith Visions of RedParadise City (Paradise, #1)Yellow CopterThe Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)7 Years Bad Sex






May Clean Sweep ARC Challenge

In May, I participated in the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge and I'm really glad I set my goal so low...since I didn't meet it. :(  But even a few cleaned off my shelves is an achievement, right?

7 Years Bad SexParadise City (Paradise, #1)






***

I only read/listened to 12 books in May. See, that week at RT, along with end-of-year school activities, killed my reading time! ;) In June, I'll be on a couple of trips and I'm planning to get LOTS of reading in. I'll report back in a month. :)



How are y'all doing with your challenges?

3 comments:

  1. Woot look at this great check-in post! You're definitely on a roll with these challenges! Don't forget to link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie. I don't know what it is this year but this is the best I've ever done on challenges. And it's a good feeling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did so amazingly I am super jealous. I finally did a post on my reading challenges after taking a look at yours.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??