Laura @Trips Down Imagination Lane and Michelle @Because Reading have joined forces to create a challenge that, while personal, can offer some incentive for sticking to those pesky resolutions. As the name implies, this challenge is all about bookish resolutions, so there are some rules. Here are the official rules:
- Create between 1 and 5 resolutions related to books/book blogging
- If you have 2 or more resolutions then 1 can be unrelated to books/book blogging
- Create a sign up post and add it to the Linky (here) before Feb 1st
- On the 30th of each month (and the 28th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura's and Michelle's blogs
- This is a year long challenge, so you can't add resolutions that could be done in a day; these must be year long goals
- For each goal you complete, you get one entry into the giveaway that will be in our wrap up post on December 31, 2015
For complete details on this challenge, to see those *incentives*, and to link up, you can click the button above or click here. This is even a list of resolution ideas to help you out. :) I hope y'all will join in the fun!
Okay, y'all know I don't usually sign on for many challenges because I, historically, don't do well with them. But I can't seem to help myself for 2015. And seeing as my reasons for signing on for these challenges all relate, I decided a Bookish Resolutions challenge would fit in nicely. Since I'm attempting to show my shelves some love, read mythology-themed books (that are already on my shelves), complete a reading list assignment, and clean off my ereader, I thought these Bookish Resolutions would aid in my quest:
- Improve my Netgalley Rating (my current rating is...so embarrassingly low...I know I have to include it here so y'all can see my improvement but...please don't laugh... 15.2%)
- Listen to one audio book per quarter.
- Write more discussion posts and/or create some fun features for my blog.
There you have it! My Bookish Resolutions for 2015. What do you think? Can I stick to them? And how about you? Do you have any bookish resolutions??
I'm sure you'll be able to stick to these resolutions for the whole year, Brandee! And I hope you'll be able to not only read some of those Netgalley ARCs, but also remember to send feedback ;) And if you have books on there that expired before you got to read them, you can still send feedback - just letting the publisher know that unfortunately, the book expired before you were able to finish it.ReplyDelete
I want to listen to more audiobooks, too :) And YAY for the discussion posts and / or fun features. We should chat - I'm sure we could come up with something fun we can do together.
I hope you're having a great weekend, and that you're all ready for Christmas, Brandee! We're taking the two youngest kids with us on a two-day-trip to Spain... We'll be back home on the 23rd just so I have time to cook for Christmas ;)
Talk to you soon. *BIG HUGS*
No shame in the Netgalley rating, I'm not sure what my rating even is but my rating is probably not all that awesome. More discussion posts will be nice. I do like one a year so I want to start doing more of those as well. No audio books in my future but I hope you enjoy.ReplyDelete
So happy you're joining us Brandee! Don't be embarrassed by that Netgalley rating, mine is just as bad! Good luck! And I'm joining you on the listening to more audio books!ReplyDelete
Oooh... 15.2 is not great. You can lift it just by messaging them and saying that you no longer are interested in reading certain books etc. I have done that, probably need to do it again.ReplyDelete
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
YAY you'll manage to bring that percentage up, I'm sure! Feedback is feedback, right?ReplyDelete