Saturday, December 6, 2014

**My TBR List ~ #3 ~ December**

MTBRL

My To-Be Read List is a new meme hosted by Michelle @Because Reading. Michelle has been doing this for awhile and recently decided to extend the fun for us all. I thought it was a fabulous idea because it gets y'all in the game and it helps me knock off some of the many, many books on my TBR list. You're more than welcome to join in the fun! I've included the basic rules below but you can click on the graphic above to hop over to Michelle's site where you can find all the details. 

Here's how it works:
On the first Saturday of each month, I will make a post with three books from my TBR List (these books can be already on your ereader or bookshelf OR books you might want to purchase) and add your link on the linky that will be provided on Michelle's post. Y'ALL will help me choose which book I will read next. The following Saturday, I will announce which book won. Then the last Saturday of the month, I'll post my review.

Fun, right?!?


***

Here's this month's selection for you to choose from:


Redemption (Soul, #1)



Reya Sinclair is a Redeemer of Souls. Her mission is to give Earth's most depraved sinners a shot at redemption just before they are slated to die. Her own redemption is on the line as she fulfills her duties, leaving a trail of dead bodies in her wake. It's all going perfection well until on detective takes notice, possibly bringing her salvation to a halt.


Thane Driscoll is a good cop who's seen too many bad guys get away, including the man who murdered his father. He exacts his own style of justice, even if it costs him his humanity. A string of mysterious deaths leads him to a woman who's not quite human and might hold the key to finding his father's killer.

When death and shadows descend, New York City becomes a battleground for the forces of light and dark. As the body count rises and sparks fly between them, Reya and Thane race to uncover a terrible truth. Can one man hell-bent on revenge and one woman determined to save her eternal soul be enough to keep the planet from spiraling into darkness?



***


Damaged Goods
When Joanna Lucas moves to a small town to escape a scandal and a scoundrel, she finds herself in trouble again when she befriends a stripper-turned-Mormon, a one-legged woman thanks to a loose tiger, and a dirty-minded troublemaker with a love of inane questions, and they take on an industrial town. Erin Brokovich has nothing on these ladies!

Prepare to laugh out loud and cheer them on as they set out to right a terrible wrong...no matter how outlandish things get.






***


Hysteria
Mallory killed her boyfriend, Brian. She can't remember the details of that night but everyone knows it was self-defense, so she isn't charged. But Mallory feels Brian's presence in her life. Is is all in her head? Or is it something more? In desperate need of a fresh start, Mallory is sent to Monroe, a fancy prep school where no one knows her...or anything about her past. But the feeling follows her, as do her secrets. Then, one of her new classmates turns up dead. As suspicion falls on Mallory, she must find a way to remember the details of both deadly nights so she can prove her innocence - to herself and others. 

In another riveting tale of life and death, Megan Miranda's masterful storytelling brings readers along for a ride to the edge of sanity and back again.




Okay, so now you get to vote. ;)

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

19 comments:

  1. Well crap, I can't use my normal method of "I'd read this one" because I can see myself picking up any of these! But I went with the first one, since it feels more UF which is my safe bet and I guess that means its the first one I'd grab. Can't wait to see what you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of any of those but I thought Redemption sounded like the one I would like to read the most if I was reading it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Hysteria, Brandee! It's very good, and I think you'd enjoy it - because it's different, and had me doubting all the way through the story :)
    I hope you're having a great weekend! *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of 'em are my cup of tea, but I giggled at the description of Damaged Goods, so I went with that one. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damaged Goods and Hysteria are both intriguing. I went with Hysteria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The synopsis of Damaged Goods definitely caught my attention so I had to vote for it. I can't wait to see what you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they are certainly three different reads... but once I read "stripper-turned-Mormon," I had to pick that one!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going with Hysteria as I love books about secrets! It sounds messy and I love that :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for Redemption as it sounds interesting! The other two sound good as well. I hope you'll enjoy whichever book wins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for voting, Trish. I really like the sound of Hysteria, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to give a w-i-d-e variety this month, Naomi. ;) And obviously I picked up Damaged Goods for that same line. *hahaha*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking the time to vote, Hannah. I'm sure I'll end up reading the ones that don't win...eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for voting, Jenna. I'm getting anxious to see which one is going to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. *ha* To each his own, huh, Karsyn? Thanks for taking the time to vote on my read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Thanks, Lexxie. I remember when you reviewed this one...waaaay back when. :) I'll end up reading it even if it doesn't win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was shooting for variety this month, Stormi. As you can see, I'm an eclectic reader...well, I used to read a much wider variety. I want to get back to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL I kinda figured you'd go for Redemption, Berls. I'm excited to see which one wins, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??