Monday, December 8, 2014

**2015 Mythology Reading Challenge Sign-Up Post**


I found out about this challenge through Angie @Pinkindle but the Mythology Reading Challenge is being hosted by Lili Lost in a Book. I have several books on my shelves that involve mythology in some form, so I figured this challenge would be an excellent way to move them from the TBR side to the Read side of my library. :)

You can get all the rules and details at Lili Lost in a Book. But here's basically how it works:

This is a year-long challenge ~ January 1 to December 31, 2015. The books must involve mythology in some form, whether it's Greek, Norse, etc., can be any genre, and any format (i.e. ebook, audio, print). Pick a level, sign up, and link up your post!

The levels are:

Demigod Level ~ 1-5 books
God Level ~ 6-10 books
Titan Level ~ 11-20 books
Monster Level ~ 21+ books

***

I'm shooting for God Level this year. I may get in a few more but I'm setting the bar at a lower level. I'll keep you posted on my progress! :) Here are a few mythology books from my shelves that I hope to read:

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Daughter of Isis  (Descendants of Isis #1)Everneath (Everneath, #1)Underworld's Daughter (The Chrysomelia Stories, #2)Abandon (Abandon, #1)The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)The Scorpio RacesTroy HighThe Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)

Do y'all have any books sitting on your shelves with a mythological theme?? Join in the fun!

8 comments:

  1. I love the books you picked but I am not sure I can do this challenge since I am not sure if I am reading any Mythological type books. I will have to think on this one :) Good Luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Underworld's Daughter was so good! I also loved The Iron King :D I am wanting to read Half Blood as well. I think I'm going to love that one if I can ever get to it. I really would like to read Everneath as well. I bet I could do this challenge. I love mythology books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *haha* Obviously I love mythology books, too. I decided to do this challenge after finding all these books on my shelves. :) I think this is a challenge you could easily do, Jaclyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pairing this challenge with the Show Your Shelves Some Love challenge, Michelle. Two birds...one stone. These are all books I've been dying to read and since I already own them, win-win. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Half-Blood and also Pure, but I still have to read the rest of the series. I had big expectations for Everneath but it kinda let me down... The Goddess Test is on my shelf and so is The Iron Fey series, hope to get to them at some point (soon).
    Good luck with your challenge, Brandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thank you so much for joining! And what an awesome list! I've read The Goddess Test, Half-Blood, and Everneath! All good books! :) Oh and I have Abandon and Troy High on my TBR list. Some of the others I have not seen before/did not know they incorporated mythology, so I'll have to check some of those out!

    Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Silvia! When I realized how many books I have on my shelves that are mythology related, I figured this challenge was a no-brainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Liliana! I'm really looking forward to the challenge! I know I have more mythology-related books on my shelves than this...but this is a good start and I'm really excited about these books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??