Monday, December 12, 2016

Audio Review ~ My Heart's in the Highlands ~ Angeline Fortin

My Heart's in the HighlandsMy Heart's in the Highlands by Angeline Fortin
Narrated by: Kirsten Potter
Release Date: May 24, 2016 (audio)
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Tantor Audio sent me a complimentary copy
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2016NewRelease
Goodreads

Synopsis
Sixty-eight seconds. Can a life be lived in sixty-eight seconds? Can the love of a lifetime be discovered and lost in just a minute? Mikah Bauer stepped into the street in front of the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art and found herself lost in a nightmare that became a dream come true when Ian Conagham, the Marquis of Ayr, appeared before her. Mikah found herself living another life, a fairy tale of love and passion such as she never imagined. Then came the nightmare that tore it all away as quickly as fate had handed it to her. Contains mature themes.



I have to admit to choosing this book for two reasons:

  1. Highlands = Highlanders
  2. Kirsten Potter
Yep. Luckily, in Fortin I've found an author whose storytelling I like. My Heart's in the Highlands is a little difficult to categorize - it's kinda time-travel, it's sort of historical romance, and it's a little contemporary. But it is 100% entertaining.

Do you believe that two souls so deeply in love in one lifetime could meet again in another? I do now.

I love how Fortin had the story unfold - a young woman finding herself in the body of another woman, in the past. I adored seeing Hero and Ian fall for one another. They found a love so deep and profound. I felt it acutely. I liked Fortin's use of reincarnation and the allusions to Mikah experiencing a past life. I liked the subterfuge and the suspense it created in Hero and Ian's life. And I liked how Fortin brought everything back to the present as well as the resolution.

Yes, this is all rather vague. But I think My Heart's in the Highlands is a book to be experienced. Particularly with the excellent narration of Kirsten Potter. Potter excels at expressing the emotion and pacing of a novel. She never fails to have me gasping, experiencing butterflies or goosebumps, or making me bawl my eyes out. Yes, I know the story must be impressive as well but I've not listened to a book yet narrated by Potter that I didn't love. I'm eager to continue this series - I don't believe the stories are linked but I know I'll enjoy the story as well as the narration.
  1. Highlands = Highlanders
  2. Potter = Excellent Narration
  3. Fortin = Fantastic story


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??