Thursday, December 15, 2016

That's What HE Said #71 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #52



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley

***

"Emme, I'm lying in bed lookin' at your kaleidoscope sittin' on my nightstand, knowin' you've been with me every day for nine years. Which means I wanted you with me every day even when I didn't realize it. Which means you mean something to me and not a little something. You think I'd make that play tonight if I thought makin' it would fuck us up?"
...
"So, I made a decision and carried it out but I know what's at stake here and I'm gonna bust my ass to lead this careful, gentle so it doesn't get fucked up. I know this is fast, but from here we don't have to go fast. We just gotta go forward. And we gotta do it honest. So talk to me."


*~*~*~*~*~*


In this scene, Emme is making dinner for Jacob after not having seen him for quite a few years. I know there's no actual food eaten here but the scene is funny and swoony. :)

"I need to know if you don't eat anything," I lied.
Actually, it wasn't a lie. Although I remembered a lot about Jacob (most everything, in all honesty), I couldn't recall if there was something specific he didn't like to eat.
I could recall how beautiful he was, how tall he was, how strong he was. I could recall how smart he was and how funny he was. I could recall how cool he was with me. I could also recall how much I missed him. But I couldn't recall if he didn't like chicken.
But that wasn't the only think I needed to know. I needed to know something else too.
Much like last night, when he didn't make me feel like a psycho, in face, the opposite and sounded like he was happy to hear from me and would be willing to talk all night, he again sounded like my psychotically calling him yet again in a precursor to stalker way was no big deal.
"I don't eat it, I'll pick it off."
"You can't pick it off if I cook with it in it or if the mainstay of dinner on the whole is what you don't eat," I informed him.
"You makin' Indian food?" he asked.
"No. Don't you like Indian food?" I asked back.
"Love it," he answered.
'Then why'd you ask if I was making Indian food?"
"Cause I hoped you were."
I burst out laughing.
No, Jacob definitely didn't make me feel like I was being a psycho.
When I quit laughing, I told him, "Sorry, honey, I don't know how to make Indian food."
"Shame," he muttered, a smile in his deep, attractive voice, and if I was on an infrared scanner, specific parts of me would have shown up better.
...
"You haven't actually answered the question."
"I'll eat what you cook, Emme. Cook what you like."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??