Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #27 ~ Challenges ~ Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) 

***
Challenges. I have a love/hate relationship with them, honestly. On the one hand, I'm kinda goal-oriented (at least I accomplish more if I have a set goal) but on the other hand, they cause me a lot of stress!

This year, I reduced the number of challenges I participated in, thinking to reduce my stress. And I've done well with a few of those challenges. However, there are several challenges I'm not doing so well with - one I've even failed - and that causes me to feel pressure and guilt...and stress. Even with my Goodreads Challenge, I got a few books behind and the pressure was ridiculous. I have a physical reaction!

So in making blogging/reading plans for next year, I've thought about reducing the number of challenges I participate in once again. But I think what I've decided on is to reduce the number of books I'll read for the challenges. Hopefully that will alleviate the stress. I'll be sure to let y'all know how this works out for me at the end of next year. :D

What about y'all? Do y'all do challenges? Why or why not? How do you deal with the stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??