Friday, May 2, 2014

**Blogger 'Duel' Review ~ Rock Chick Rescue ~ Kristen Ashley**

My pal Robyn Jones (@RobGirlBooks) and I enjoyed reading and reviewing Rock Chick so much, we decided we're gonna read 1 book from the series per month. We read Rock Chick Rescue for April. Yes, I know it's May but sometimes life gets in the way. Bonus for you?!? You'll get 2 Rock Chick reviews this month. We start Rock Chick Redemption tomorrow. :)

Okay, on with the review...


***

Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley
Rock Chick #2
Release Date: November 19, 2009
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased ebook

Rating: 5 Bookworms

Synopsis
Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention Eddie's just plain hot). Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie's interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie's a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet's used to solving everyone's problems she doesn't want Eddie's help.

Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet's ne'er do well father, his ne'er do well friend, Bear, Bear's long-suffering, chain-smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you've got Rock Chick Rescue.

Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel shop, hit Denver's backstreet poker tables (with big hair), and help the strippers at Smithie's take down a would-be murderer.

Through this, Jet's got to learn that even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy. Eddie's got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.


******
Once I finished Rock Chick Rescue, my thought, once again, was this book was SO.MUCH.FUN! And once again, I was in need of a fun read. With a wonderful cast of characters - some colorful, some zany, and some HOT - lots and lots of action, smoking smexy times, and cool music, Rock Chick Rescue served up just what I needed.


Me: I have to say I identify more with Jet (than Indy) because of her insecurities and her responsibilities - taking care of all the people in her life. Not saying I'd jump a knife-wielding baddie though! ;)

Omigosh, I almost died when Jet said what she said to Eddie and he got the wrong idea...I was laughing hysterically! I'm liking watching him wear her down. 

And what is with these girls running from HOT guys?!?

I really do miss Indy's antics, although Jet can't seem to buy a break...unless you count Eddie. *swoon* Jet's level of crazy just doesn't match Indy's...and Indy's bar brawls are more fun! *ha*

I love the silent teasing going on between Lee and Eddie...paybacks are hell, right??

I was really missing Indy and Tex so I was so glad when they got more involved in Jet's affairs. Especially Tex - god I love the guy! He's taken a shine to "Loopy Loo" but is it just because things had gotten boring?!?

I have to say I'm enjoying the meddling moms...my mom is NOT like this and I don't know that I'd enjoy it, but I like that Jet's and Eddie's moms are in the mix.

Okay, I'll try to chat more often...I'm sorry I've read so much before chatting but it just couldn't be helped. I am really enjoying this! 

Rob: That's hilarious that you just couldn't help it! We're book blogger girls, going on reading benders comes with the territory. 

I loved Lee's teasing because things felt tense between them with Eddie's unrequited love for Indy. One of my favorite parts of the story is Eddie getting the chance to feel what he feels and not keep it secret. 

I made some kind of mortified squeal when Jet said what she said to Eddie. And then I wanted her to fix it fast, but I liked how it was resolved because Mr. Smart Cop read her all wrong and jumped to conclusions and did he apologize for thinking the worst? No! He probably thought the gift of his attention was consolation enough. The man is not short on ego, which makes his vulnerability where Jet is concerned so awesome. What do you think of Kristen Ashley's brand of Alpha male? There's a lot of "you're mine to protect." Even more bossing around. Jet seems to like Eddie's way of communicating, you know shoving her against the SUV, against the wall, against whatever. I think I would be slapping his hands away and showing him my death glare. It's scary.

Oh, and what is up with these girls running away from hot guys?! I've only run away from one hot guy. He's a character in a story I'm working on because wow.

Ooh, me too! And I loved what Eddie said to Jet about his feelings for Indy and how they changed...*swoon* I also find it hilarious that he's having to spell out their relationship not only to everyone on the 'street' but also to her!! And his vulnerability where Jet's concerned makes him even more swoonworthy. That scene where she's on the motorcycle with Vance? And Eddie sees? I believe that was an 'oh shit' moment for me...right before I started laughing!

It's funny you asked about my feelings on Ashley's alphas...I was just thinking about it yesterday...probably while reading about Eddie pushing Jet up against his truck or a wall or... I LOVE it! I'm not sure I'd take too kindly to having it done to me but then again, maybe I would. At any rate, I think I like it for Jet because she's always taking care of everyone else. And I get that she's stubborn and independent and all, but deep down, I think Eddie's wanting to take care of HER (in every way) is the clincher for her. She won't admit it - may not even realize it yet, but yeah...

YAY for bar brawl!! I just KNEW Indy would have to get a bar brawl in! *ha* I laughed over all the tussling going on and Jet calmly takes her stun gun out of her purse.... I was having trouble containing my laughter last night so as not to wake up James!

And THEN we get the sister brawl! With Lee's boys watching no less...can't you just imagine it?!? They were probably wishing for mud...or jello or something.

What do you think of Daisy?? And what do you think of Jet's Mom and Tex????? Want some Hooch? *ha*

And how scary is Vince Fratelli? He kinda makes my skin crawl. I'm going to enjoy him getting his!

Oh man, the scene with Vance on the bike! I think that was one of my favorites. Jet is an amazing character. I'm not sure we've hit the Rock Chick I most relate to yet. Jet is so sweet and kind. Indy is way out of control. I love the bar fights, every single one of them!! And the sister brawl on the floor rocked. They behaved so terribly. Nice, sweet Jet got in a hands-on fight with her baby sister in front of hot, drooling men. I loved it! Oh, the whole smitten Tex bit, AWESOME! 

You're so spot on about the alphas and Eddie being just the right kind for Jet. One of the best things about the Rock Chick series for me has to be the girl power/integrity. It's so pro-female from the moms to the strippers. Since the books take place in your backyard practically, does that bring the story to life in a more real way, like you expect to see crazy Indy and her odd assortment of weirdos and Alphas traipsing around Denver?

I will say Vince Fratelli freaked me out. Wait, which one was Daisy? Jet's sister or the former stripper? I'm sorry I can't remember. I absolutely loved the former stripper. I'd be her friend for sure. 

So far, Jet is definitely the Rock Chick I identify with the most. I would love to live life with the gusto Indy does, but I'm just not that. I CANNOT choose a favorite Rock Chick Alpha though...don't ask me to. Please! :) YES - I love the girl power in Rock Chick! They do sometimes get themselves into situations that their men help get them out of, but I have no doubt they could do it themselves...eventually. ;) I love, love the fact that the books are set here. It does make for a more visceral experience, knowing the places being described. And I'm pretty sure I've seen Duke and Dixie down at the Little Bear! ;) Maybe I'll have to cruise Indy's neighborhood and see who I can see. *ha*

Vince Fratelli definitely gave me the creeps. I was not sad at all with the punishment he got. 

Daisy is the former stripper! And she's awesome!! I love her momma-bear tendencies and that she wants to take care of her 'girls'. And how she cuts off Marcus' 'water' to get what she wants. *ha*

And can you believe Mace?? Can't wait for his story. And Hank! What was up with that?!? Yep, I'm definitely anxious to read Rock Chick Redemption!

Final thoughts: again, although I'd like to be Indy, I definitely see more of myself in Jet - with the exception of having attention from hot guys, of course! ;) I enjoyed so much watching Jet blossom into the girl she's meant to be...with a little help from everyone. And Eddie...it was kinda funny that he got to be open with his feelings about Jet and things just didn't go according to plan. But he's stubborn enough to stick it out. Honestly, I know we've gotten better acquainted with Lee and Eddie, but I really can't choose between ANY of these guys! So although I get Jet best, so far, I haven't met a Rock Alpha I'd turn down! *ha*

So you're a Jet girl who can't pick her favorite Alpha. Funny! (I'm whispering "book slut" right now) I'm holding out like always. I like Eddie (too pushy for me) and Lee is so dreamy, but hello, there's an entire agency and cop force waiting for us! I'm already in love with Mace. I don't even care if he thinks he's in love with Jet. Eddie has already had a "talk" with him. I want to ride on his motorcycle. I noticed that when I went to Colorado, there's this whole motorcycle vibe going on. We have bikes here, but mostly they're the sporty zoom zoom pretty kinds and we have a helmet law here. Colorado has this free country riding feel to it. So you guys get all the damn alphas. We get the coffee guys with shoulder bags. Hmm. Next time I'm in town we have to check out some of the places in the book. I've never done that, not even here where so many stories take place!

I'm so happy we're good enough friends that you can call me a book slut! *ha* However, I simply meant that I don't know if I've found the ONE for me yet. I need to finish sampling all those HOT ALPHAS! And really, Eddie is too pushy for you?? Do you not remember Lee and the handcuffs?? Oh, you're into that sort of thing...is that it?!? Mace...he makes me tingle. *ha* I want to ride his, um, motocycle too. ;) Yes, Colorado definitely has a motorcycle vibe...lots and lots of them here. We will totally have to go to some of these places when you're here next year. We should sooo check out The Little Bear...you just might find your alpha there. ;)


13 comments:

  1. LOL! I love this! There's so much here that I have no idea where to start. Jet--LOVE her. I too just about died when she said what she said. I was MORTIFIED. And the running is part of the fun (IMO). KA hot guys couldn't go as alpha as they do if the Rock Chicks were accommodating ;) And Daisy! She is hilarious--comprende? I CANNOT wait for you to start Hank and Roxie. I can never decide if that one or Luke and Ava's is my favorite my favorite Rock Chick book. Love them ALL though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting way of doing a review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading a series with another blogger can be so much fun cuz you always have someone to talk about it with! I can't pick my fav alpha either, so what does that make me? LOL ;) There's just way too much fictional man-candy out there to limit yourself to just one IMO. Great dual review ladies, and a very entertaining read too. Happy Friday! :)

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that I had seen this book around before and I realized it was on your blog, haha :) Your duel review it's quite funny, thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colorful, funny and hot cast sounds like a lot of fun and I need to look into this more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you guys are talking about coz I haven't read this but it's so nice to buddy read and fangirl with someone. Keep up the funny & entertaining duel review, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so much fun chatting about a book as I'm reading it so I can't wait for Redemption. It's almost as if we're getting together for coffee and girl talk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I am so happy you two loved RCRescue! Eddie and Jet are just too cute! I would say I'm a good mixture of Jet and Ava (book five). I'm so excited you've met Daisy...just wait until you really get to know Shirleen too!
    Now I want to reread tbis whole crazy series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ERMERGERS! How fun was this?!! I haven't read these books because I'm a total cover snob and they just didn't appeal to me :/ just tell me I need a swift kick in the vag and I'll add these to my tbr straight away!! lol This post was a lot of fun and the series sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got what y'all were talking about. Yes. MACE!! and then what Jet said and then what Indy said to Jet, I was like...noooo you misunderstood what happened.

    Then you have the Lee grinning and laughing at Eddie because he has Indy and her behavior and now Eddie is chasing after Jet and trying to get her to listen and do as she is told to keep her safe. HA ! pay back.

    Love Tex. I would be like Tex, when life got boring I would be hanging with those that brought me some excitement. I wonder if he will be like that with each chick in the Alpha lads life.

    I identify with Jet too.

    Braine, you gotta read this series. It is like a breath of fresh air from all the intense books we read. You will laugh a lot :D I love Tex's dialogue, I would love to know what he and Eddie were saying when Tex realized Jet's mum was pretty. He just kinda grabbed the phone , rang Eddie and did a lot of short words. I wonder what Eddie was saying on the other end.

    I must admit with Ria, I didn't totally dig the covers when I first saw them, but shiz I get them now, once you read the story within the little film strips with images in them, mean something to the story line. Also now it is a very signature set of covers . You just know they are Rock Chick covers.

    This is one of the best, have a good time, chick books I have read. I can't wait until I get Rock Chick Redemption from library. I am about two reserves away, but by then I shall have to hand back # 4 and 5. Grumble and then get back on those reservations. Crikey!

    Fun review and chat thingy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, my fingers were typing faster than my brain, The Mace bit was what happened with him and Jet...and then.... what happened with Eddie and Jet = Indy getting involved because of Lee ... blaa..blaa..blaa....

      Mace was a brave man to do what he did...LOL!! jet was a lucky girl :D

      Delete
  11. Haha! This was such a fun review! I love how you are bouncing back and forth off of one another! Kinda how we do it on facebook some times! This sounds like a fun lighter read, and we know I enjoy them! And Daisy, the former stripper, sounds like a hoot! Jet and Eddie sound like a fun couple!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. All Japanese honorifics are kept in tact. Like most DMP chanel outlet books, the sound effects are left in their original kanji and the English translation louis vuitton outlet is written by the kanji. The chapters are broken up into scenes, like a movie rolex datejust replica, and each scene focuses on a different aspect of Toshi's life. The first scene is swiss replica watches in present time, then the scenes that follow are flashbacks of Toshi's life in college. We start rolex masterpiece watches out in Makoto's point-of-view then the narration switches to Toshi telling his own story, looking back at his life louis vuitton outlet as a college student.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??