Saturday, May 17, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #42 ~ Caution: May Bite**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

**********************************
May's theme ~ In honor of Mother's Day we'll pick moms, grandmas, strong female mentors, etc. 

My pick this week:
Aunt B
from Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels Series  

Oh my! Aunt B is quite a character. As the Alpha of Clan Bouda, this lady is one tough cookie. She's mother to Raphael, but as Alpha, serves as mentor/mother to many. In her warrior form, she's one scary sight. She's smart, cunning, loving in her own way, and doles out excellent great advice! 

"You know," she said, stirring her tea, "the fastest way to get him off your back is to sleep with him. And tell him you love him. Preferably while in bed."
I smirked and the tea almost came out of my nose. "He'd run like he was on fire." - Aunt B and Kate, about Curran, Magic Burns

"Do you have spies in Clan Heavy?"
"I have spies everywhere."
I looked at Andrea, who was hoarding bacon on her plate.
"She had tea with Mahon's wife," Andrea said.
Aunt B looked at her. "You and I need to work on your air of mystery." - Kate, Andrea and Aunt B, Magic Rises

7 comments:

  1. I love Aunt B, she's such a fierce character! I'm a big fan of the Kate Daniels books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt B is rather funny, but also rather scary :D I am nearly up to date on my Kate Daniel's reading. I'm up to Magic Rises.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love her :D That first quote was one of my favorites. So hilarious! She was very mysterious when she first came on the scene. I wondered whether she would be friend or someone to watch out for. She can certainly hold her own. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% agree. Though in the beginning she scared me. She still scares me but she is so amazing in other ways. I respect her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series so much! Aunt B was one of my favorites from the start because she's so dang scary. I love how she wheels and deals and Kate knows she's no match for Aunt B. I want to read this series again. I hope you have a fantastic week, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those quotes! Auntie B sounds like a riot, and I've heard excellent things about the series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??