Tuesday, May 6, 2014

**Teaser Tuesday ~ #17**

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



***

Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3)
Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley
Rock Chick #3

Synopsis
Roxie's on the run from a bad boyfriend who will not catch the hint that it is o-v-e-r. She's in no mood for love at first sight, but when her eyes fall on Hank, it's trouble from the get-go. Roxie tries to hold Hank at arms length but Hank wants to be a closer (as in, a lot closer). Roxie's trouble catches up with her and Hank wants to help but Roxie knows in her heart that she's no good for a white hat guy. The problem is no one agrees with her, especially her crazy hippie best friend Annette or her parents; the even crazier small-Indiana-town Herb and Trish. Toss into the mix the gant from Rock Chick and Rock Chick Rescue and Roxie finds herself totally outnumbered.

Climb in for another Rock Chick wild ride through Rock Chick Redemption. As the odds stack up against Roxie, she has no choice buy to hold on and just ride it out through the kidnappings, car chases, society parties, a riot at the strip club, Hank getting "Mom Bombed" and one crazy night at the Haunted House.

During all this Hank works at convincing her she really wants to stay and he, along with the Hot Bunch, go all out to make her safe. Hank also needs to work on showing Roxie that her past decisions don't mean her future can't include something as downright delicious as...normal.

***Teaser***

"Sweetheart," he said in a low voice. "You were here to see your uncle until you stepped into Fortnum's and saw me and I saw you. You know it and I know it. You want me to convince you. I'm prepared to do that."

24 comments:

  1. Rock Chick Redemption! What a fun title!! I don't know this series but it sounds fun and playful and crazy!
    Thanks for sharing, Brandee.

    And the teaser ... I mean okay ... "You want me to convince you. I'm prepared to do that." I'm melting! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Athina, this series...this series is SO MUCH FUN!!! And so far, Hank & Roxie are my favorites!

      Delete
  2. I'm assuming this quote is voiced by Hank. He sounds a little cocky. Nice pick, Brandee.

    My Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it's Hank, alright. And I suppose he is a little cocky but he really doesn't come across that way. He's the least cocky Alpha so far. I just love him!! *ha*

      Delete
  3. And I'm prepared to read more! ;) Great pick, Brandee!!

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ha* Oh Silvia, you'll be hooked! I'm having so much FUN reading this series!

      Delete
  4. OOh nice tease! This is new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! The Rock Chick series is AWESOMESAUCE! ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, this looks like it's getting interesting... Alright, I see I need to put this onto my TBR pronto! Great teaser, Brandee!
    Here's mine: http://darkfrannysthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/teaser-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh another series that I keep meaning to read! Love that tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Teresa, read this series when you need some FUN! It absolutely delivers it - along with great heroines and hunky hot boys! ;)

      Delete
  7. ah I so want to read this series! thank you for teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this again right now and I just finished it yesterday. I love the quote. Did you lose time choosing a quote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO!! Yeah, I totally lost time...I just kept reading. :) Hank is yummy!!

      Delete
  9. I am waiting on this one at my local library. I have 4 and 5 sitting here. I am so gonna have to hand them back before # 3 gets to me, I know it and then get back on the reserve list again. :p Looking forward to Hanks book :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that how it always happens?!? You're sooo gonna love Hank, Michelle! I wish I could read it again for the first time...but I think the second would be just as fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Squee!! Convince me!! I'm willing!! Great tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he'll convince you, alright Naomi...and make your toes curl while he's at it! ;)

      Delete
  11. So brash and forward... how about you convince me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Braine, these characters are in their 30's!! That's another thing I love so much about it! Oh, and honey, Hank'll melt you! ;)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??