Thursday, May 8, 2014

**New Release Review ~ Bend Anthology ~ The Devil in Me ~ KI Lynn**

Eight mistresses of the erotic bring you eight original, never before published stories to excite and arouse, including USA Today Bestsellers Alessandra Torre and CD Reiss, and NY Times Bestseller K. Bromberg.

This anthology includes novellas from EIGHT authors and it's only available for a **LIMITED TIME** and **ONLY 99 CENTS**

Don't forget to enter the giveaways!


******

The Devil in Me by KI Lynn
from the Bend Anthology
Release Date: May 5, 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased from Amazon for Kindle
Rating: 4 Bookworms

Synopsis
In search of strength and guidance at a nearby church, Jared happens upon a temptation. One he cannot hope to resist. Each time he sees her, the overwhelming urge to have her consumes him. The lust is overpowering, dragging him deeper and deeper with each encounter, exposing the devil within.



The Devil in Me is a nice blend of sweet and steamy!

It may seem strange to use the word sweet when talking about an erotic story but Ms. Lynn did a wonderful job of showing Jared's compassionate side. Seeing his interactions with his mom, his sister, and even his employees allowed me to see that he wasn't only concerned with his...*ahem* ;)

The Devil in Me was a pleasure to read. Jared's sighting of Hope and subsequent mission to get her into his life was entertaining, to say the least. I enjoyed getting to know Jared and I'm thrilled to see Ms. Lynn will continue his story as I'd like to be better acquainted with Hope and I'm interested to see the outcome of the other plot lines, as well.





The nerves on my neck lit up, tingling down my side. It woke me from my trance, and I turned to find innocent eyes looking at me from one row up on the other side of the aisle. When our gazes connected, she didn’t flinch, her eyes didn’t widen, but a slight blush did appear on her cheeks.

The strange current continued to move through me.

I was caught, roped in, staring at her.

She seemed young—early twenties maybe. I went from studying Jesus to studying the woman who called to me. That was the only way I could explain the firing off of every nerve ending in my body.

She had large, blue doe eyes that bored into my soul. Dark brown, wavy hair curled around her smooth, pale skin and full cheeks. She nabbed her full bottom lip with her teeth before looking away, hiding from me.

It didn’t stop me from staring at her. I tilted my head to the side, forehead scrunched as I tried to figure out what the hell had just happened—and why my cock was so hard. It was just a look, but at the same time, it felt like so much more. A connection, and not that love-at-first-sight bullshit.

Base level between a man and a woman—a need that populated the earth.

Our strange interaction caused images of fucking her on the altar to course through my mind. Was she as untouched as her innocent face suggested? She looked soft, inviting, and corruptible. How would her full hips feel beneath my hands as I thrust my cock into her?

I turned back to the front and began to ask for forgiveness for the things I was thinking about doing to her. My dick, however, continued to dream. A small groan slipped from my lips, and her head snapped up. I cupped my cock through my jeans, adjusting it so it didn’t press so hard against the seam. It twitched against my palm as she squirmed in her seat.

Fuck.

I sat still, staring at her profile. Her lips parted, skin pink, and she moved her ass again. I blew out a breath to calm myself. It was ridiculous. I was just horny because I hadn’t had sex since Monica gave me a break-up fuck three months prior.

After a few minutes, she stood and headed to the confessional. I couldn’t help but turn to look at her delectable ass as she walked. Soft curves called to me, begging me to touch them, own them.

As soon as she stepped out of sight, I ran down the steps to the restroom and locked myself in. I splashed some water on my face, staring at the image in front of me. Someone else stared back. My brown eyes were almost black, lids heavy with a force of lust I’d never experienced.

My teeth clenched, muscles coiled tight as my hips rocked, searching for her. I grabbed hold of the sink, my breath heavy and hard.

What is wrong with me?

It was overpowering. An internal battle for control waged as consuming need pumped through my veins. I popped open my jeans and pulled my cock out. It didn’t matter that I stood in the bathroom of a church—I had to get off before I went insane.




***The Devil in Me Soundtrack***


Obsession by Animoto
Tear You Apart by She Wants Revenge
Fight Inside by Red
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy
Monster by Imagine Dragons
Monster by Lady Gaga
Monster by Skillet
Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine
Bitch Came Back by Theory of a Deadman
Killin’ It by Krewella
Dark Horse by Katy Perry
Closer by Nine Inch Nails
Timber by Pitbull



Collective biography

The Erotica Consortium was the brain child of CD Reiss. In December 2013 she asked JA Huss to help her pull together the hottest erotica writers to start a private Facebook group that would 
encourage support in all areas of bookish things. Members of The Erotica Consortium were personally invited by JA and CD and the group is complete with six additional authors: Shay Savage, Andrea Smith, KI Lynn, K Bromberg, Ella James, and Alessandra Torre. BEND is their first anthology together.

KI Lynn's Links

6 comments:

  1. I love $0.99 anthologies; they are such a great way to discover new authors! Plus, who doesn't love a nice blend of sweet & steamy in their reads! Thanks for the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and steamy sounds like a win for me. I don't read many anthologies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read sweet erotica too, TReisz, to be exact which may sounds contradictory since she writes BDSM...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this book sounds hilarious! I swear getting hard in a church? Great stuff right there. It kind of reminds me of the movie Don John if you've seen it. Loved that movie. Anyway I think I need this so alas you are going to kill me with this never ending pile of book stuff. Thank you! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this anthology has been a hot topic today! this sounds good, I love when sweet and steamy are mixed just right!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This sounds like fun now. Love it when a girl makes a guy lose control! great review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??