Saturday, January 11, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase #27 ~ If Only He Would Change...**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
For the rest of this month, Jaclyn is having us pick characters we love but are in need of a New Year's Resolution.

My pick is
Griffin, Bassist for the D-Bags
from S.C. Stephens Thoughtless Series


Griffin is unabashedly, unashamedly a man-whore. Honestly, I think he believes women don't even see the other band members when they're on stage. He thinks he's god's gift to women. He loves, loves to flirt with and generally try to make Keira as uncomfortable as possible. And while I absolutely enjoy the humor he brings to the story, I'd find him much more tolerable, as a person, if he'd only resolve to show a little humility! :) But I think Griffin would probably respond to that with "Where would the fun be in that?!?"

Griffin turned to face Matt. "Too bad...I could have shown her the world."
Evan and Kellan laughed at him while Matt, barely containing his own laughter, said, "When have you ever shown any woman...the world?"
Griffin scowled at them. "I have skills - you guys just don't know. I've had no complaints." -Thoughtless

On the extreme end, was Griffin, who, I think, if he ever had the idea, would keep a running tally of his conquests on his arms. He ceaselessly reiterated his adventures to anyone who would stop and listen. -Keira about Griffin, Thoughtless

"You can get your hand off my butt now, Griffin."
Kellen, looking pale laughed softly, while Griffin pulled his hand back and  held it up in the air. "Sorry," he pointed to his hand, "mind of its own." -Keira and Griffin, Thoughtless




10 comments:

  1. Debbie (my then blog partner) was frustrated over the first book of this series so I stayed away. She wasn't digging the heroine LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that, Braine. But I always cut characters a little slack when they're young...I certainly didn't have it all together when I was 21. :P I hope that if you ever give this a shot, you'll like it.

      Delete
  2. LOL those quotes are really funny, Brandee. But I'm not sure I'd enjoy Griffin. Good thing he's a sidekick and not the main character :)

    I hope you're having a great weekend! Is it still beautiful and white outside? Here, we've had sun today, and flowers have started growing in the garden o.O it's really weird! And I wonder what the weather will be like later in the year.

    Happy reading, my friend. *hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Lexxie - I'd never have finished this if Griffin was the MC. :) But he was great as comic relief.

      It's still windy here...it's supposed to die down after tomorrow - we've had 78 mph gusts!

      *HUGS* to you!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I contemplate this series every time I see it at the grocery store. I love the hand on the butt quote. The most fun aspect of characters like Griffin is when they're dragged back down to earth to the world of feelings. My head is swimming with scenarios that would force him to make some resolutions. Great choice, Brandee! I hope you all are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, Robyn. I know some readers had issues with the main character, Keira, but she's only 21...and honestly, I think maybe readers wouldn't have cared so much if she'd been male?!? Anyway, Griffin does get taken down a notch...well, sort of. And it's hilarious.

      Delete
  4. LOL The mind of it's own quote is hilarious! I still giggle at the name D-bags! It kinda says it all right there doesn't it. I agree that a man-whore describing his conquests is often funny but can get tiring. What a great pick :D I hope you're weekend is going great and the weather's a little warmer! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaclyn. Griffin...yeah, he named the band! So that does say it all! LOL

      My weekend was great. How about yours?? I hope you're warmer as well and don't have this wind that we have!

      Delete
  5. Ha! I haven't read this series, but ivr heard A LOT about Griffin. I love characters like him.
    Thanks for sharing, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty great...to laugh at! :) Thanks for dropping by, Andrea.

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??