Saturday, January 25, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase #29**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
For the rest of this month, Jaclyn is having us pick characters we love but are in need of a New Year's Resolution.

My pick is
Cormac, Werewolf-Hunter
from Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville Series


I picked Cormac because despite his sexiness, he could stand to be a little more accepting of...well, other species. ;)

When we first meet Cormac, he's called into Kitty's radio show to let her know he knows what she is, and that he's coming to kill her. Fun guy, no? But Cormac is sexy, loyal to the extreme, and worth getting to know. He may even learn to temper his feelings towards werewolves by the end of this series. :)

***

"...All right, I've got lots of calls waiting, so let's move right along. Cormac from Longmont, hello."

"I know what you are."

"Excuse me?"

"I know what you are, and I'm coming to kill you."
-Kitty & Cormac, Kitty and the Midnight Hour


"I'm glad you're not the type to shoot all werewolves on principle."

He may have actually smiled at that, but it was thin-lipped and fleeting. "Just give me an excuse, Norville."
-Kitty & Cormac, Kitty and the Midnight Hour

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's fun! It definitely sounds like he isn't necessarily a truly bad guy.
    Thanks for sharing, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Cormac in the series, he's my fav. I have read most of the beginning books (I think to #7), but stopped because I just wasn't feeling the romantic pairing. I love that you chose him since he definitely has a few things to work on and tolerance is for sure one of them. Wonderful quotes to choose! They drew me back into the story. I hope you are having a spectacular weekend!!!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was always hoping for Cormac to win Kitty. I haven't read as far as you but I did like Ben and their relationship made sense at its inception. But I was always a Cormac fan! :)

      Delete
  3. I really liked Cormac and wish he had ended up with Kitty rather than the other guy.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??