Saturday, January 18, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase #28 ~ Anger Management**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
For the rest of this month, Jaclyn is having us pick characters we love but are in need of a New Year's Resolution.

My pick is
Christian Ozera
from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series


Ah Christian...I just love him. He's passionate and loyal. He's so full of snark and he makes me laugh. He has these amazing eyes and even more amazing, if controversial, ideas on self-defense/self-preservation for the Moroi. The one thing Christian could use is some anger management. His magic is fire, and when Christian gets angry...well, you get the picture. ;) 

***

“He cocked his head in an overly dramatic fashion. "Hey, I just got it: it was you, wasn't it?" He looked at Lissa, then back at me. "She got you to kill the fox, didn't she? Some weird kind of lesbian voo—ahhh!”
Ralf burst into flames.
I jumped up and pushed Lissa out of the way—not easy to do, since we were sitting at our desks. We both ended up on the floor as screams—Ralf's in particular—filled the classroom and Ms. Meissner sprinted for the fire extinguisher.
And then, just like that, the flames disappeared. Ralf was still screaming and patting himself down, but he didn't have a single singe mark on him. The only indication of what had happened was the lingering smell of smoke in the air.
For several seconds, the entire classroom froze. Then, slowly, everyone put the pieces together. Moroi magical specializations were well known, and after scanning the room, I deduced three fire users: Ralf, his friend Jacob, and—
Christian Ozera.
Since neither Jacob nor Ralf would have set Ralf on fire, it sort of made the culprit obvious. The fact that Christian was laughing hysterically sort of gave it away too.”

16 comments:

  1. I need to get to the vampire academy soon. I am so behind on the books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire Academy rocks, Jennifer! But I know exactly what you mean about being behind...I am too! :)

      Delete
  2. Christian is a great pick! He gets overlooked a lot bc of Dimitri and Adrian, but he's really great!
    Thanks for sharing, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him so much!! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about him when we were first introduced to him. He had a little too much cockiness at first? He grew on me fast though. The guys in this series are so wonderful. I really love the closeness that came of it with him and even the circumstances that caused it all. Excellent choice! He is very hot-headed which has caused quite the drama. Are you planning on seeing the movie when it comes out? I know your family doesn't do the book to movie thing. I hope you are having the best weekend :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're right Jaclyn...all the guys in VA are fantastic!

      And YES I'm going to see the movie!! I can't wait! *haha* I hope your weekend was wonderful and that your week is off to a great start! :)

      Delete
  4. I need to read this series! I love snark - sounds like I'd love Christian despite his anger issues, lol. Speaking of Richelle Mead, I just signed up for the Georgina read-a-thon at Mostly YA and saw you're signed up, too! I'm excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you've gotta read VA, Jennifer! It's amazing. And yay for the Georgina read-a-thon...I've read all the books...I've actually read all of Richelle's books except for Gameboard of the Gods. :) I'm glad you're doing the read-a-thon too! :)

      Delete
  5. I am such a Vampire Academy girl! I love Christian. He is perfect for this month's resolutions challenge. He really pissed me off a couple times and yet I love him! He's one of my favorite characters in the series. Is this on your list of re-read books? They have all new covers, you know. I think they're trying to appeal to an edgier audience. I hope you're having a great weekend. The game isn't until 3:30 tomorrow. Everyone is going to be drunk before kickoff or whatever they call the start of the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the boys pissed me off at some point or another...but I love them - even Christian! :)

      I'd love to re-read this series!! Hope your playoff snack hangover is gone. :)

      Delete
  6. OH Brandee, Christian is a perfect example! And that quote had me laughing as hard as Christian was at the time :) Excellent choice, my friend.

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend - winterwonderland and blue skies sounds pretty awesome :)

    *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexxie! Christian is one of my fav characters, actually. :)

      My weekend was grand. I hope yours was as well! *HUGS*

      Delete
  7. Christian sounds like a great pick, and oh the quote you chose! It made my night :) Great choice Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he is, Traci! And I'm glad I could make your night! :)

      Delete
  8. I seriously need to read Vampire Academy. It's one of those series that I've been meaning to read for a long time. Now you make me want to read it even more!!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??