Thursday, March 19, 2015

#2015HW Review ~ Fight With Me ~ Kristen Proby

Fight with Me (With Me in Seattle, #2)Fight with Me
With Me in Seattle Series #2
Release Date: January 4, 2013
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased from B&N
Rating: 3.5 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
Jules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he's your boss. During the one incredible night they shared, he violated the no fraternization policy... among other things, and it won't happen again. Jules won't risk her career for mind-blowing sex, no matter how much her body and her damn heart keep arguing with her.

Nate McKenna could give a shit about the no fraternizing policy. He wants Jules and he'll have her. The rules could bend around them, or be damned. He's not a man to be taken lightly, and Jules Montgomery is about to find out just how he responds to being pushed aside after the best night of sex he's ever had. She can fight all she wants, but he'll have her in his bed in the end.



I met Jules Montgomery, Natalie's best friend, in Come Away With Me, and was really excited that her book was next. Jules is smart, sassy, foul-mouthed and fun. She loves with everything in her. She doesn't, however, let any man get close. Unfortunately, she didn't stick to that rule the night she went home with Nate McKenna.

Nate is an intelligent, powerful businessman. He's also HOT with a capital H, with his sexy hair and story gray eyes, and he fills out a suit quite nicely. Oh, and he happens to be Jules' boss.

The chemistry between Jules and Nate is undeniable - but Jules certainly tried. With the pull between them though, it was a forgone conclusion they wouldn't be able to fight it.

There were obstacles, however. Jules doesn't like to risk her heart, she has never put it on the line. And then, of course, there's the no-fraternization policy at work. While I liked that these two had hurdles to jump, they did seem to resolve rather quickly. I was happy where they ended up though. I liked getting to know Jules' older brothers, whom star in the subsequent books. 

There were some nitpicky things that bothered me, like the overuse of certain descriptive words, and maybe even Jules' potty mouth. It could be just my mood, though. Also I felt like we got to know more about Nate than Jules. I wanted to know why Jules was relationship-phobic and what made her tick.  Overall, I liked Fight with Me and am eager to read further into the series.



11 comments:

  1. I've had Come away with me on my tablet for... 2 years now ? It's high time I should give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, hot alpha man plus a great female lead... I guess I need to check out this series! It seems I'm really in the mood for quite hot stories these days, I've just devoured the first five books in the Last Call series by Sawyer Bennett, and this one seems like it has the same hot factor, plus great characters and a real story as well :) Great review, Brandee!
    I hope your week is going well. I'm teaching this afternoon, but I'll be back in the early evening, and I'll look for you on FB :)
    *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds emotionally sound. Redundancy bothers me too though. I once read a book where the hero smirked too much. Just for fun I counted how many times the word was used. I got 43. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I didn't count but hang on...the word plush was used 10 times. Anyway, it was a good read. It just could have been better, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first 2 but it's pretty good so far! It's been so long since I read Come Away With Me I can't remember for sure, but I think I liked it more. But Nate...*sigh* Tattooed, motorcycle riding, former MMA fighter...can't get much better. Oh, and he has an apa! ;)


    I really enjoyed chatting this afternoon. Let's try again tomorrow. Have a wonderful Friday! **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's about when I read it...maybe 3 years? Yeah, this series is definitely worth checking out. I hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds emotional and I like the sound of the hot factor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I kinda love it when characters swear up a storm because I happen to do the same lol so that definitely makes me want to read this one... plus I've heard good things about this author. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would have bothered me too if the author made a big deal about being relationship phobic and then you never find out why. Huh? I am glad you liked it 4 stars worth though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can understand your issues of this book, but it sounds fun anyway. Great review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer there were some issues that took away from the book. I don't mind cursing if it makes sense..but too much turns me off too.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??