Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday ~ #59


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



***




Hope Is Lost (Ocean Beach, #2)
Hope is Lost
Ocean Beach #2

Synopsis
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Keanu Lee, the funny man, finds himself on the sticky end of a night out with his best friend Levi. Keanu's life is about to take another unexpected, sharp turn. New friends will be found under the most unique circumstances.

Hope Walker is a lost soul, and Ajax, the street performer, is her unspoken protector. Together, they survive the streets of Ocean Beach.

Life has a way of righting wrongs when you least expect it.

Come join this sexy crew as they show you that, even though life may take from you, it can also give back when you least anticipate it.

The Ocean Beach series continues with the brotherhood, passion, and laughter you have grown to love, and through the eyes of these survivors, you will realize love can truly heal.

The past will never be forgotten, but there is hope if you just allow yourself to have a little faith.

This novel does contain strong sexual content for the mature 18+ reader.



***Teaser***


"These two here saved my life, and I'm in a position--we are in a position to pay it forward, so I'm going on my gut instinct. Sometimes, that's all we have to go on in life, and we just have to trust it's the right decision."


11 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 10, 2015 at 5:36 AM

    OOoh intriguing tease! Wonder how his/her? life was saved?

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds seriously yummy, Brandee! and I love the idea of paying it forward :) 63 more days! 9 weeks! Then we'll be drinking wine together, my dear :)
    I hope you had a fantastic weekend (yeah, I know it's Tuesday already... strange how that happened!) and that the high school musical was fun. *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing tease. I too, am wondering how their lives were saved.
    Hope you're having a good week. I worked this week so it's been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great teaser Brandee! I think I'd like this read.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's about several things - all under an over-arcing plot. I would say more but the first book would be spoiled if I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying this series, Marilyn. :)
    Obviously, I've been busy as well since I'm just now getting around to commenting back. :) I hope you've had a fabulous few weeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you think of this one, Braine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a lot of 'meat' to this story, Lexxie. And I'm really, really loving it! :)


    Now we're down to 52 days!! Can you believe it? It'll be here before we know it! I hope you're having a wonderful birthday! **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll have to read it to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??