Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Review ~ Coda ~ CD Reiss


Coda cover.jpgCoda
The Songs of Submission Series #9
Release Date: March 18, 2015
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased on B&N
Rating: 5 Bookworms

Blurb
Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.

I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.

I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it.




To have this extra installment in Monica and Jonathan's story is a gift. Their story couldn't end with sunshine and rainbows - their story was never those things. But through all the anxiety, the tragedy, the triumphs and celebrations, 'the end' is exactly the end for them.

I liked getting this glimpse into life for Monica and Jonathan following the events in ____. What they each experienced, both individually and as a couple leaves me speechless. Even though they love each other enough to move mountains for the other, they're each living with fear, worry, and anxiety of what they stand to lose. They are each so much more cognizant of that now. Because of the fear, they're each holding back to a certain degree. What I enjoyed most was watching as they realized this and each took the necessary steps to ease and soothe those fears so that they committed and submitted completely to one another.

Coda wrecked me and then filled me with hope...much like Jonathan does with Monica -- destroying her, then soothing her, loving her. I don't think I realized until just now how similar the experiences were. Monica and Jonathan's story has been real, raw, complicated, and beautiful. I've loved being along with them on their journey. And I'm worn out, sated, and blissful over their end.









12 comments:

  1. Didn't you JUST get this? Like last week? Guess you were ready to read it ;) and I can see why, sounds fabulous. I feel like I have this series on my tbr because of you, but I better double check. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read Beg, which I enjoyed but didn't particularly loved... Still, I'm glad you're into it and seem to love this series quite greatly! Perhaps I will give this series another go at some point, who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the emotional journey this took you on as a reader. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start this series! Are each episode like a novella or short story?

    ReplyDelete
  5. *ha* Yep, please read this series, Braine. I'd really like to know what you think of it. The episodes range in length from 100-200 pages. I think the longest one is like 178 pages. I do have 1-7 in a boxset. But I have them separately as well. So let me know if you want to borrow them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very emotional and powerful, Kim. I was reading one part of this series while on a plane last summer. It finished with quite a 'bomb' and I was so glad I'd already downloaded the next in the series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you didn't love Beg, Silvia. But I hope you'll give the series another shot. I think it's amazing. But it might not be for everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always get a little something extra in a series you love! Glad that things kept you on edge in Coda! I must get onto this series! *sigh*

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Yes, yes I did. :) Funny story...I opened it on my nook so it'd be ready for when I was ready for it. BUUUT, I started reading the first page and couldn't put it down. So, I read it even though I wasn't quite 'ready' for it. I hope this series is on your tbr...because of me. :) And I own them if you want to borrow them. (yes, I'm an enabler!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omigosh, Naomi! I liked the way Sing ended things. And I thought the series was over. But this was just what I'd have asked for if I could have. You should read this series! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when I get to take a peek into the characters HEA... even if its not all hearts and flowers.... *sigh* I guess this is another series I need to add to the TBR. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, please read this series, Teresa. It's definitely not all hearts and flowers but I think it's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??