Monday, March 9, 2015

When Life's Kickin' Your Butt, How About a Theme Song ~ March


Once again, my pal, Robyn, over @robgirlbooks, has us creating a soundtrack for our lives. This challenge is all about sharing the music you listen to when you need motivation, or to celebrate, or when you're happy or sad, or when you're cleaning, etc. Sounds fun, yeah? Here's how it works... Robyn gives us a theme every month and we post songs that fulfill that theme as it applies to us. Then at the end of the year, we'll have a playlist!

The playlist for 2014 can be found here (youtube link) if you're interested. I enjoyed sharing my family's musical tastes with y'all and I enjoyed being introduced to some new music. I'm looking forward to doing it again for 2015!


***

This month's theme is... the perfect song for that book.  So I asked my family which song makes them think of that book. Here are our choices:


My Picks
This was hard for me. Although I love music, I'm not really a person who thinks of a particular song while immersed in a story. I'm more of a person who hears a song that reminds me of a book. But I can never remember those. So I've gone with the obvious - but this song always makes me think of Katy and Daemon from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux Series.!





James' Pick
Okay, he picked a song by the author of the book...Fall in Love Again by Sammy Hagar makes him think of Sammy's autobiography, Red.





Sky's Pick
Sky says My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark makes her think of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. 




Berk's Pick
All-Star makes Berk think of Notes from an Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne. 




Jax's Pick
This song makes Jax think of Beyonders by Brandon Mull.

me>

3 comments:

  1. Great song picks. I really like Katy Perry. She is a great entertainer.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Naomi. I knew her songs before I knew her but she's pretty amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??