Tuesday, November 25, 2014

**A Month of Giving Thanks ~ #8**


Berls @Fantasy is More Fun and Michelle @Because Reading are hosting A Month of Giving Thanks. I thought it was a great idea as Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday and I'm grateful for so many things. I may not manage a post every day but I wanted to kick off the month right.

***

I'm so very thankful for so many things in my life - my health, my husband, kids, family, and friends. I'm thankful that I can live in my version of paradise here in the Rocky Mountains. I'm grateful for the ability to read! *ha* 


But as this month winds down, I'm taking a page from Berls and Michelle and giving thanks for my blogging friends. I realize the month is almost over so I might have to cram a few together but it's the thought that counts, right?!? :) I'm now down to SIX days...

***



I'm thankful to have become blogging friends with Berls @Fantasy is More Fun. I believe we found each other through Feature & Follow but it's been a few years now and I'm older so my memory is not what it used to be! ;) What matters is that we did find one another. And I truly appreciate our friendship. Berls has always been someone I could talk to - about anything and everything. Of course, we talk books. She's caused me to add *many* books to my tbr. But that's okay because I've reciprocated in kind. :) Thank goodness she (and Michelle) created COYER. It greatly benefits my by removing some of the many books Berls adds. ;) We also talk about family life, Texas, school, etc. Berls is such a generous person and even though I haven't met her (yet) it feels like we've been friends for a long time. Luckily, I'm going to get to meet her in person next year at RT! And I can't wait. I may not sleep at all on that trip since there will be so much talking and giggling and hugging going on! If you haven't found out why Fantasy is More Fun, go meet Berls!

***


I'm also very thankful to have found Michelle @Because Reading is better than real life. I found Michelle through Berls and COYER. Michelle writes thoughtful reviews and offers interesting author spotlights as well. She's really creative and so sweet, too. I've enjoyed getting to know her through COYER. Recently she's started the My TBR List meme, which I'm participating in. It's a fun way to knock off books from our bulging TBRs. If you haven't met Michelle, go check her out Because Reading is better than real life...I'm pretty sure we all agree on that! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Awww thanks so much Brandee! I know, I feel like I've known you forever too! I need to create a shelf just for the books you add LOL but that's okay, they're all Great so far ;)

    I cannot wait for RT - I registered officially last week actually :D I didn't sign up for anything extra though, did you? I kind if figure any extra time will be good for hanging out. I'm so glad its here in Dallas so I can afford to go but part of me wishes I was going to be at the the hotel with all yall! Its like a massive slumber party and I have to leave before lights out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandee! You are so super sweet! I am so glad that I met you too.
    I wish I was going to be able to make it to RT with you all. I really wanted to meet you and Lexxie and of course Berls :) Maybe one day we will all meet in the same place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were coming to RT, too. But we all WILL get together one of these days. And wherever we meet won't be the same once we're through. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear, I need a shelf labeled Berls' recs myself! ;) But it's all good - I've enjoyed MHall and FHeaton both!


    I'm thrilled RT is in Dallas too because YOU'RE getting to come! I haven't registered yet (*shh* don't tell Lexxie) but I will in the next few weeks. I didn't sign up for extra stuff last time. The extra time is great for hanging out - meeting and chatting with authors. And I'm sure Lexxie won't mind my telling you that you can always crash in our room if the hang-outs go on too late. ;) The countdown will begin soon!! *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! Both these girls rock! I love visiting both their sites. They are both bubbly and are busy with challenges constantly!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I love all their challenges! They keep my on my toes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??