Friday, November 28, 2014

**Review ~ Coming For You ~ JA Huss**

Coming For You
Dirty, Dark, & Deadly #3
Release Date: November 19, 2014
Genre: Adult, Erotica, Thriller
Source: I purchased an ecopy from Amazon
Rating: 5 Bookworms

Synopsis
James
Who am I?
What am I doing?
Why am I doing it?
Questions are as dangerous in my world as secrets are valuable.
Answers, however, never come easy.

Harper
Who am I?
What am I doing?
Why am I doing it??
I've never asked myself a single questions about my life. Not even once. I follow orders. I keep my head down. I do as I'm told. But now the choices are everywhere.

Sasha
I don't ask questions and I don't need answers.
I know exactly what I'm doing.
Last Christmas Eve, my life fell apart.
This summer, I'm about to get even.



Well, I certainly didn't see that coming. I've said it before but Huss really is a master at writing unpredictable. Coming For You had so many twists, my head was spinning at times. I even woke up one morning thinking "Oh!" because my subconscious had worked out what something meant while I was sleeping. This conclusion was thrilling, heartbreaking, befuddling, and incredibly satisfying.

The secrets were revealed - well for the most part - all the players were uncovered, plans were set into motion, and life-changing decisions were made. There was no way I could have predicted all that went down. Connecting all the dots, putting all the puzzle pieces together was a challenge. And honestly, it's part of the joy of reading a Huss book. There were even times when I doubted James', Harper's, and Sasha's future. But then, these are highly trained individuals we're dealing with here, so I should have had more faith.

My heart broke for Sasha. She really did lose so much in her short life. But she carried herself with such poise and maturity. She did come out a winner in the end.

The Harper I loved, the strong, feisty girl, was back. I was impressed with how she handled herself when she wasn't quite sure what was going on and who to trust.

James showed what he was made of. Yeah, he might be just a little crazy, and his methods are unconventional, but he's honest. And he was determined that he and Harper be free.

And I must mention that I loved getting a cameo of a favorite character. *sigh*

Coming For You was a thrilling conclusion to this series. Even though James and Harper's story has come to an end, I'm eager for the next stories in this world. Thank you, thank you, JA for sharing your imagination - creating gripping stories with characters I love.


10 comments:

  1. You're making me want to read book 3 before book 2 Brandee! I doubt it'll be long til you guys have us all reading JA Huss just from the COYER FB group, never mind reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, such an amazing ending to this series! I loved learning more about the characters, and about that crazy organization! I loved how Harper acted in Coming For You, and Sasha is such a great character I really want to read more about.
    Great review, my dear! I hope you're well on your way back home. Have a fantastic weekend *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Brandee. I've been really adding to my TBR lately and this one has popped up in a lot of place

    Jessi, The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hear about this cameo because I think I know who it is. I'm so behind on Huss books, but I got a taste of James and Harper from Bend and Sasha from Rook and Ronin. I want more. That's awesome that the end was everything it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Well, you *must* read book 2 first, Laura! I can't wait until you're a full-fledged Hussie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, the twists, Lexxie! My head really was spinning at times - not sure whether I really knew what was going on. But it was awesome!! And I'm glad Sasha's storyline will continue. I can't wait to see how JA has her grow up. ;)


    Got home late Saturday night. Spent yesterday doing laundry and grocery shopping. Good times, eh? Now everything is back on schedule...at least for 3 weeks. Then we'll do "break time" all over again. But we're not going anywhere for Christmas. I hope your weekend was lovely! *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jessi! This series is full of twists and awesome! I hope you get the chance to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm sure you *know* who it is. *wink* Yes, you must get caught up with Huss' books. I don't know what you've been doing with your time! *haha* You're gonna love this series though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry too much! I hate reading books out of order, makes me feel all wrong! I'm looking forward to joining you all there I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!! I agree! It was a fantastic ending to the series... and no way you could predict any of it!!! I felt for Sasha too, but loved what happened to her... and the Epilogue... I want more!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??