Monday, November 3, 2014

**When Life's Kicking Your Butt, How About a Theme Song? ~ November**



My pal, Robyn, over @robgirlbooks, issued a challenge for the year. She wants us to come up with a song - one a month - that we turn to when life is getting us down...when we need a pick-me-up...the song we turn to when trying to get motivated for cleaning the house...the song we hear when we need inspiration...well, you get the picture. :) At the end of the year, we'll have quite the playlist for life!


***

First of all, I just realized I never published my post for October! The theme was Austin City Limits Music Fest. I love ACL and it was where I first saw The Avett Brothers. If any of y'all have read Slammed by Colleen Hoover, you know of the band. When I read Slammed, I'd thought I was one of the few who knew of the band, so it was awesome to see them highlighted and know someone else loves them just as much as I do! Here was my choice:







This month's theme is Foreign Language. 
;)  My pick comes from my t.v. watching days - anyone remember Providence? James' pick bends the rules a bit because it's an American band - the song just happens to be in French. My girls' picks? Japanese, of course, And Jax picked an instrumental song! Do you have a favorite song in a foreign language? Here are ours:


My Pick 




James' Pick




Sky's Pick




Berk's Pick




Jax's Pick



2 comments:

  1. I had such a hard time with this one. Zane and I were literally picking our brain and the only thing we could come up with was frere jacques. I finally did find one that just barely fits the theme, but oh well. I really enjoyed listening to your picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Avett Brothers! I first heard about them from you and then when I read Slammed. Once I saw them in the line up I knew you were going to pick them! And Andrea Bocelli is just amazing. Beyond amazing, right? I played the kids' songs while I did dishes and I felt a little nutty and amped. Great picks, Brandee!!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??