Monday, November 10, 2014

**Reviews ~ Beast Parts 3 & 4 ~ Ella James**


Beast Parts Three & Four
Release Dates: September 7, 2014/September 22, 2014
Genre: Erotic Romance, Fairytale Retelling
Source: I purchased ecopies from Amazon
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms (Part 3)/ 4 Bookworms (Part 4)

Serial Synopsis

FROM HOLLYWOOD ROYALTY...

At twenty-one years old, third-generation movie star Cal Hammond was on top of the world. He had more money than God and more women than any man could need. But when a night of debauchery ends in tragedy, he forfeits a life of luxury for a ten-year prison sentence at La Rosa, California’s most violent prison.

TO BRUTAL BEAST.

Eight years later, a ruthless, cunning man runs La Rosa from the inside. He is known simply as Beast. All the wardens fear him. All the gangs obey him. He speaks to no one but his inner council. What he says is law.

ONLY SHE CAN SAVE HIM.

Annabelle Mitchell’s stepfather is the warden at La Rosa. He deals as dirty as his trustees, and after years of smooth relations with Beast and the gangs he runs, Holt lands on the powerful prisoner’s hit list. That very afternoon, Annabelle pays a surprise visit to La Rosa, hoping to use her new counseling license at a place she thinks she could make a difference. When Beast sees her, he releases the warden and grabs the nameless girl who played a starring role in the worst night of his life. The price for the warden’s error is not death. It’s his precious Belle.



**If you missed my reviews of Beast Parts 1 & 2, you can read them here. My reviews for Parts 3 & 4 are as spoiler-free as possible.**

Annabelle continues to impress me with her mettle. She is not meek. And her bond with Beast...
"I think sometimes you can know someone even though you haven't been around them very much. Certain souls, when they encounter one another, throw out anchors, and their ropes get tangled and the anchors get hooked all together in a messy barb. And it holds. It doesn't make sense, but it just holds."
it isn't going to allow her to stand by and let whatever will happen to him happen. Maybe, along with her feelings for him, Annabelle fights for him because it's something she can control? There are so many things in her life currently that she can't control, from her mother's illness or its impact on her little sister. With Beast, she can try.

Beast - it hurt to see him so defenseless, vulnerable, and beaten. That his captors would prey upon his nightmares the way they did was disgusting. They played upon his guilt and remorse making him more sick with guilt than he already was. At this point, just as with the night of the accident that began his nightmare, he needs his angel.

The new players introduced add another layer to the complexity of this story. I'm intrigued to see how the game will play out.


This last installment really had my adrenaline pumping. It was exciting as well as steamy. And although the ending was a tad predictable, the journey to that ending wasn't...at all.

Part Four finds Beast and Annabelle on the run. Beast is creating a plan to get them out of this predicament - one which he feels will protect Annabelle. That's important because he believes he's failed at that so far. Annabelle, although worried about her little sister and her mom, wants to protect Beast as well.

And so we follow along as they do what they can to avoid the police, try to put Beast's plan into action, and feed their passion for one another...a lot!

It really was an action-packed ending and I quite enjoyed it. I do wish we could have had a little more development with Annabelle's family - it would have give the story more emotional depth. But besides that and the ending, this was a great conclusion to this spin on my favorite fairytale.

13 comments:

  1. Glad they both worked so well for you, Brandee!! I have a feeling I'd better catch up with part one and two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good Brandee and it sounds like the author really had you connecting with the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little worried when I thought it was a erotic romance taking place only in a prison lol. I don't really enjoy them as much as most people tend to go way to graphic and way to often to the expense of the actual story. Basically key fight scene cue dimmed lights and raunchy slow music. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Brandee... I guess I'm going to have to one-click this serial very soon. But I've already added many books to my kindle this week, so it really will have to wait. If I'm able to be a little bit patient, that is ;)
    I'm so happy Berk's concert went well yesterday! And I hope you filmed it so you can show me in May ;) Have a fantastic week, my dear *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been looking at picking this one up myself, action packed is always good :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a really interesting spin on the BatB, Silvia. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale, and I really enjoyed this spin on it. Of course, it was super steamy, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL The prison has a library, Matt!! ;) Yeah, I don't know if this would be your thing but it is a good story about a lot of dimmed lights and raunchy slow music. bwahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, be patient my friend. :) Berk's concert was beautiful! Sky was manning the camera and I didn't think sh'ed filmed - but I looked and there's a little bit. :) So you'll get to see in in May! Yay!! Hope your week is going well! *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is, Brandi. I liked this serial a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a good story with a lot of action, Lily. And a lot of steam! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've really gotten quite into serials haven't you? Lol not that I can blame you, good stuff coming out! Beauty and the Beast is also my favorite fairytale so I'm definitely interested!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I told you I've become a serial slut! ;) I really enjoyed this spin on BatB although it could have been *more*.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??