Sunday, November 30, 2014

**Jumble Your Genres Review ~ Lord Rakehell's Love ~ Donna Cummings**



This month's Jumble Your Genres genre was Historical Fiction. My pick was Historical Fiction/Romance. ;) 


***

Lord Rakehell's Love (The Curse of True Love, #1)Lord Rakehell's Love
The Curse of True Love #1
Release Date: August 27, 2013
Genre: Historical Romance
Source: Purchased ecopy on Amazon
Rating: 4 Bookworms

Synopsis
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, is playing matchmaker in Regency London...only it seems she's placed a curse on the lovers instead.

~~He was late to his own wedding~~

Simon is known as Lord Rakehell, so any same woman would be wary of wedding a man of his reputation. He loves Georgiana, and is determined to prove it to her, but how can he overcome his wedding-day blunder?

~~She was heartbroken by the scandal~~

Georgiana knew the dangers of falling instantly in love with a celebrated rake, but even she had not expected him to show up for their nuptials with ladies-of-the-evening in tow. Now she must determine whether Simon's protestations of love are genuine, or if she is being led astray by the passion he continues to incite in her.



I one-clicked Lord Rakehell's Love (and Lord Wastrel) shortly after reading lovely reviews of it from Lexxie @Unconventional Book Views. I'm eager to get to the next installment as Lord Rakehell's Love was every bit the delight Lexxie promised it would be.

Aphrodite is bored and decides she wants to dabble in matchmaking, in Regency London no less. She and Ares set about it but decide there should be a little challenge in it. They decide their couple should be one seemingly ill-suited for one another...a rake and a wallflower.

Georgiana Kirkwood is a wallflower but a beautiful, clever, and witty one. Simon Blakely, Lord of Winbourne, is better known as Lord Rakehell among the ton. He is dashing and a complete rogue. But it's his roguish ways that attract Georgiana in the first place. After a whirlwind courtship, their wedding day has arrived...but the groom has not. Following the fallout, I liked seeing the softer side of Simon. The side of him that is beside himself for the mistake he made. He was desperate to win Georgiana back. Georgiana wants to forgive Simon. But she's worried the risk may cause her even more heartache. I liked seeing her sensible side. She's not going to accept Simon back so easily.

The banter between Georgiana and Simon is so playful and witty. The chemistry between them is clear and it was easy to see the attraction between them was solid. This is a short, sweet read and I was pretty satisfied with the story. Although I always enjoy lots of character development and would have enjoyed more here, I didn't find the story lacking. The humor in it all made it delightful. And I enjoyed meeting Lord Wastrel, Simon's friend, as well as Felicia, Georgiana's friend and confidante. The next book involves them. I'm keen to see what Aphrodite has in store for them.



13 comments:

  1. Brandee, I'm so happy you enjoyed Lord Rakehell! The humor is so good, and I'm glad you also found the softer side of Simon to your liking. Great review, my dear!
    Have a fantastic week, and happy reading! *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did, Lexxie. Georgiana and Simon made me laugh and they made my heart hurt for them. This was such a great introduction to the series. I really can't wait to see Lord Wastrel's story. ;) And I have you to thank for adding this author to my kindle, my dear!!


    Happy Monday!! **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna Cummings is so sweet, too! I can't wait to see what she comes up with for 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, Brandee. I kind of fell behind with this challenge. Good to see that you are still doing it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this challenge and historical fiction is wonderful to mix into your monthly reads. Regency romances are among my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The playful banter sounds like something I would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like fun and I LOVE witty dialogue. Definitely gotta check this one out. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a looooong time since I have read a historical! But this sounds like a good read. And you know I like good banter!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've missed a few months myself, Marilyn. But I had this novella that I could squeeze in, so I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read HF/HR much lately and I'm finding I really miss it, Kimba. Regency is a favorite of mine, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a lot of fun, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a lot of fun, Teresa. I hope you'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read some but not a Regency era and it really is one of my favorites. I miss HR and I'm going to add more of into my diet in 2015! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??